Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sending The Girls Off

The time has come for us to send our sweet little girls off to Grandparents while we sit at home. Bear in mind that we have done this before, but it was more of a necessity so Mom & Dad could go on a vacation. This time, though, we are still home.
Before they went on their merry way, we brought them to Silver Dollar City in Branson on Saturday. They have finally gotten to the age where they can ride the bigger roller coasters with us. We had the best time we have ever had this time. The biggest ride was PowderKeg. Go to this link to see the ride. http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/rides-attractions/ride_detail.aspx?AttractionID=5 The first time Caroline & Catherine rode PowderKeg, they were scared and not too sure about it. We also rode the WaterBoggin ride and got soaked from head to toe. Our shorts were still wet when we got home Saturday night. Before we left, Kyle & I wanted to ride Powderkeg again. The girls actually liked the ride better the second time. Going to Silver Dollar City before we had to give our girls away for a week was a great send-off.
Sunday after church we drove to Pine Bluff to meet Kyle's parents. They brought the girls down to Louisiana until Friday. I did not want them to go, but I did it for the grandparents. Summers are way too short and I like to spend every day with the girls. Sunday afternoon was hard for Kyle & me after dropping them off. The car was way too quiet. Monday was not that great either without them. Don't get me wrong. Kyle & I are having some good quality time together, but it is always nice to have Caroline & Catherine here to kiss good night & pray together. I may be better today. Sunday & Monday I couldn't think about them not being here too much or tears would start flowing. I am just looking forward to Friday!!!

BTW, I had taken lots of pictures of Silver Dollar City, Father's Day, and saying goodbye to Caroline & Catherine, but the SD card is now messed up. I cannot retreive the pictures. Any advice would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Reba said...

Our kids going to their grandparents' (in Mississippi) was a little surprise...they came for our girls' party and then took the older ones back. We will pick them up on the way to our beach vacation. It does feel really strange without them! (I cannot say much about quality time either since I have the two little ones who are a bit more demanding :) I do hope you enjoy this time together and just cherish the time alone to worship God without interruption. And of course, absence makes the heart grow fonder. :)
Reba

Anonymous said...

When they are here, we say I wish I had some 'me' time, but when they are gone, we want them back. We are so blessed to have wonderful girls! :-)