Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Visiting Great Grandma!


Every time we go to Shreveport we visit my grandmother, my dad's mom. We take a picture of the girls with her & put it on the fridge so they can always remember her. Mamaw is almost 82 years old & she is doing great. She is a blessing to visit. Some of you guys may recognize her because she attends Springs of Grace. On the way to her house Caroline asked, "Will Mamaw have mints this time in her bowl?" I told her that Mamaw always has had mints in that bowl & always will. I remember getting mints out of that same dish when I was little. We only get to see her once, maybe twice a year, but those girls are already making memories. It's pretty neat.

2 comments:

Shandra said...

that's so neat! i remember my grandma ALWAYS having a jar of peanut m&ms. probably explains why i LOVE them!

andrew only has one great grandparent living and he is 96... i think..maybe 95. andrew got to meet him last summer. he lives in wisconsin so we don't get to see him much at all. i wish he was old enough to make memories w/ him.

Elizabeth said...

That is neat. My grandparents always had mints and gum.
Clara only has one great grandparent living also which is my mom's mom and she lives in Shreveport so we try to let her see Clara as often as possible.